World Search Consultancy - International Chemical Management Advisor
RSS

Recent Posts

Short and Long
DJIA for arguments sake I remain bullish and invested.
OPEC at 86% compliance to cuts
US Propylene breaks out once again
Did you know equities and commodities run in opposite directions?

Categories

Chemical Update 2016
DJIA Investing
Management
Update 2017
powered by

My Blog

Tough road in 2016

So far in 2016 the year has started well below expectations driven by recklessly aggressive competitors determined to increase their market share volume, with no regard to their impact on profit and pricing, in combination with customers unwilling to comply with their contractual commitments. This would be known as the fallacy of the sunk cost, by chasing pricing down a diminishing return spiral of smaller incremental margin.
Beginning in Q2 we maybe seeing the first evidence of an inflection point.              I would expect the 3 levers of the petrochemicals business trading environment to improve compared to Q4 2015 and YTD 2016. Demand, supply and raw materials.
Demand should improve as we move in the coatings season in northern hemisphere summer. Compared to 2015 I would expect healthier volume driven by both restocking and end use improvement seasonally and compared to prior months.
Raw materials will begin to lift as olefins respond to outages in the US cracker TA ( Turn Around ) Season this Spring. By year end many consultants expect Crude to be $50 PBBL ( IHS, WoodMcK  )
Downstream Oxo intermediates supply will tighten as we enter the US Oxo TA season for 2016. According to TCEQ all the main US players, as well as several Asian producers are scheduling work this next few months.
Bottom line we do know from experience the business climate does not remain static, that conditions will change. Open question, are we at the inflection point?

If your cloudy about the next steps to improve your business performance or not sure about the state of the commodity chemical business your participating please reach out for me on cell or email. My rates are reasonable.

Cheers

Steve Friedewald

12 Comments to Tough road in 2016:

Comments RSS
Anonymous on Friday, December 22, 2017 2:20 AM
Reply to comment

uk best essay on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:50 PM
Even though you have started the year in a not so good way, I am still happy because you are able to finish it with a flying colors. I know that even though it has been really challenging for you all, at least you are able to achieve what you want and learned a lot of valuable lessons. And since another year will come, I hope that you will be able to get what you hope for. I am praying for your continuous success. Just be yourself and do your best in everything.

Best Tires Shop on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:45 AM
We are the leading provider of quality tires and exceptional services in New Castle for 25 years. We have 2 service centers that offer a range of services from an oil change, tire replacement to everything your vehicle needs, and delight our customers.

Raw Gym Gear on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:46 AM
We are a family run gym equipment retailer, bringing you the best quality ​at the best price. We understand that reaching your goals can be tough, that’s why our team is here to support you to ensure you smash your goals with a smile on your face.

best essay uk on Friday, December 22, 2017 2:23 AM
Growth of business is important. People are focusing on their business and they are providing high quality products and quick services to all customers to satisfy them. They are using good material for their goods so people like to purchase such goods.
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:45 PM
Reply to comment

replica omega watches on Monday, April 1, 2019 3:22 PM
I am happy after reading this post.
Reply to comment

online homework help on Friday, September 20, 2019 6:58 AM
Right now, you are helping them. Posing an inquiry, and we furnishing responses add to the making of 'human learning base' - when the inquiry is shut, even before being shut; simply look to the correct side under Yahoo Inc puts promotions close to the content that we have composed our self.
Reply to comment

where is the movie tavern on Monday, November 25, 2019 1:04 AM
Each tavern fight offers a limited opportunity in time to face other players in special games with unique rules
Reply to comment

essay writer on Sunday, January 3, 2021 2:23 PM
I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this info for my mission.
Reply to comment

Do My Homework For Me Cheap on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 1:54 PM
We are pretty sure that you’re asking us to do my homework for me online, is the best decision because as a student and still being in the learning phase of your life.
Reply to comment

William L. Weigle on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 2:23 AM
If you’re still swithering over a career change to the third sector, it’s crucial to note the wide variety of areas you can specialise in. While 57 per cent of the sector’s employees are engaged in health and social work, you could go into several other areas CLIK HERE.
Reply to comment